Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 291 - I'm back

I took a vacation. A real one. Before that I got sick and then better. And then since we have been back I have been buried in life. All of that added together equals 15 days since I have last blogged. That's a long time away for me.

My vacation was perfect. I took a road trip with my family that also included a little luxury. Best of both worlds. I had 8 days to live a slower life and to leave behind all of the "stuff" that crowds my peace. We went fishing, hiking, ice skating, and did all of the things that we should have more time to do on regular days, but somehow don't. I love my life, but vacation is such a great way to be present with your kids and your husband and I drank up every minute of it. I cried on the way home, I didn't want our experience to end. That's a lovely sign of wonderful memories and I feel so blessed for that time. I am so thankful that our trip included so much natural beauty. I was able to show my kids proof that a creator does exist. That only God could make seasons, snow, gorgeous colors, and Mother Nature. His creation of Rocky Mountains, ponds for fishing, and fall colors were meant as signs that He put love in the details when He created earth and all of us on it. 

We also had some scares and obstacles on our road trip, but God proved that He was with us the whole way. He proved it in His timing and in His care. 

I am glad to be back, blogging about hope. There is so much to talk about, so much to catch up on... one day at a time.

Missed you all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment