Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 297 - What I read

I was in a funk last weekend. But on Sunday night, when I felt so alone and after I finished my blog post, I sat down with my feelings and decided to put all of the to-do's aside and find comfort in others' words. I poured through my prayer journal, I read notes from books, I looked over the bible verses spread on my desk and I took it all in. Every. Single. Word. I read about life, struggle, pain, love, loss, faith, hope, and moving forward. And I looked at life. I felt life and I allowed myself to mourn my feelings and be real with what I was struggling with. Essentially I picked myself up. I meditated on God's wisdom and His love for me. And you know what, I felt so much better Monday morning. I felt the slate wiped clean. I felt good. God spoke to me there.

Sometimes in the dark all we need is to quiet ourselves and then fill our soul back up with all of the truths, promises, inspiration, and hope that we can find.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment