Thursday, October 25, 2012

Day 299 - Others

I learned something important this week. That sometimes we get so busy with our to-do's that we don't have time for relationships. We are just too overwhelmed. Last Friday I mentioned that it was apparent that God had told me that ignoring other people because of my own problems was not acceptable. So even though my calendar was full, I made sure to say yes to time with others. It seemed overwhelming in theory, but this week ended full of love and value because of that time. I wouldn't trade one second back for anything, and every thing that needed to get done still got done. Do I feel more fulfilled because of things I accomplished? Not really, even though I did a lot of great things this week. Do I feel more fulfilled because of the people I spent time with? Absolutely.

I think the lesson was, don't put things in front of others. There is always time for someone else. That love is far more valuable than accomplishments. And that God created us to be together.

I am so thankful for the relationships that God has blessed my life with.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment