Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 186 - A message (again)

God never stops surprising me. While the little home that we are living in, in my heart, is one of the biggest blessings that we have ever had, it is small and it's not ours. And so my heart does long for having a house of our own again someday. Something a little bigger that I can paint, decorate change, and make my own. And every now and then I ask God, "when will we ever have enough money to buy a home again?" And usually He doesn't answer because I already know the answer. I feel it all of the time. It's just not part of the plan right now. And to be honest, my heart is still in this little house that was a complete gift from God because I don't know how we managed to make rent every month last year. I don't even know how we got here just in time for Mark to lose his job, and why our rent is cheaper than it could be. But of course I do really know. It's God. It's all Him.

And so, when I ran into a friend at the grocery store yesterday who just bought a new and bigger house in a gorgeous part of town, I felt a little envious and sad. But then I wrote yesterday's post knowing that  it's just not part of our plan, I felt better, because it's true and envy does nothing for our life. Well not long after posting that entry I came across these words on the first page of a blog I found when Googling "faith blog":

How the size of your house has nothing to do with the size of your life.


Oh God. I know. You have been teaching me this all year. How the size of our house, our job, our family, our closet, or our possessions has nothing to do with the size of our life. This has been one of the biggest lessons I have ever learned.

Thank you Lord once again... thank you for loving me enough to constantly show me the way whenever I feel lost.


 

P.S. Happy 4th of July! I am running my first real 10K today. Please say a little prayer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment