Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 192 - Momentum

I have not run since last Wednesday's race. I took a few days off and now life is catching up. I can tell that I have already gained a little weight back and I don't feel as good as I did before. And yet, I just keep telling myself that a break is good and I don't need to worry about starting up again right away. While I do think I needed to rest my body, I can't help correlate this with my faith. I have been reading and writing, but I have not been actively praying and I have gotten a little lazy in the spiritual department. I have been using my blogging time as all of the spiritual time that I need. It's not. And just like I feel a little pudgy from not running, I feel a little unhealthy from not praying and talking to God more. I know I am connected and I can see all of His callings to me, but I realized that I am not dialoguing back. And that's not right. It takes effort to make things happen, and just like I need to get up and run again, I also need to start praying again. I need to exercise my faith and keep my momentum going.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment