Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 207 - Molding

My dad sent me this passage from a book he is reading.


God uses life's pressures to mold us. He has a perfect shape in mind for us, and He knows how to use each circumstance to derive the greatest benefit for us. 


Life is full of so many pressures and they never go away, they just mold into something new. But over the last year or so I have started to see that you can take any circumstance and apply a lesson to your life going forward. In the good, the bad, and the heart wrenching there is always something good that you can take with you. And when you can be honest with yourself and find something to take with you, you can begin to have peace, even in guilt, sadness, or pain.

No one is perfect, but you can be honest enough with yourself to look at a situation and to find a way to help it make you a better person. And when you realize that God knows you are not perfect, but has a shape in mind just for you, you can see that he is molding you into the person He created you to be through all of the hardships. That they all have their own purpose.

Thanks dad for all of the love and guidance you continue to pour on me.



 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,

    I wanted you to know that I'm looking forward to following your blog. I'm going to be a empty nester soon. I've been reflecting on the past but trying to rely on God to show me my future. I think your blog will help. :)

    Larisa

    ReplyDelete