Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 200 - To offer

I want everyone to feel what I am feeling in my faith. I want everyone to have the silent reassurance that I have in my heart. I want everyone to have the peace that I have come to know facing difficult situations. And yet, I have to remind myself of two things. First, you have to let others be in their unique place in their faith. Last week in church the speaker talked about being respectful of others and letting them walk right where they are. Second, my journey is not the same as anyone else's. There are burdens, fears, addictions, heartaches, and pains that I cannot begin to understand. I have walked my own long road, but my road cannot compare to those that other people face.

And so I begin to understand that my job is to offer love, grace, hope, compassion, and light for anyone who wants it. I can't say that those are all things that come naturally all of the time... but I am willing to try my best and learn to change.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment