Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 221 - Two things

I cannot recall a time in my life where I had daily reoccurring religious themes. I can't remember feeling like God was telling me the same things over and over and over again. And then there is now. Since I have been depressed God has continually (and I mean daily) reminded me of two things. He has done it through books, at church, in a devotional, within my day, and in random conversations. So here they are:

1. All of the beauty in life proves that God exists. He created everything and his magnificent details are indescribable. Beauty is all around us and it's proof that He loves us, He wants us to marvel in it, and that He is our creator. It is hard to understand how any human can ignore the preciseness and the unconquerable loveliness that surrounds us every single day.

2. God created us exactly as we are and He loves us just this way. God gave us unique gifts and talents to be used to impact other peoples' lives. While people find faults in who we are, God finds each of us to be His gift and His workmanship. There comes a point when we need to just let other people's perceptions of us go and find our worth in Christ. We need to trust that His plans for our lives will be far better than what we can do ourselves because He created each one of us for a purpose.

I don't know why God wants me to be constantly reminded of these two things... okay maybe I get the second one a little more. But I know in my heart that God is using this really painful time in my life to teach me lessons and to show me realities of a life of faith and hope. I feel like He has been flooding my soul with ways to grow and change even more. He has been shining sunlight into my world so that every day gets a little bit brighter. He wants to use this time to open my eyes.

It's amazing that in the darkest pits, God can still find us.


 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda,

    My heart goes out to you. I've read your last couple of posts. I shed a few tears. Our Lord must love you so. You have such a sweet and simple faith.
    I don't know what its like to have depression. I do have a family member who has mild depression. She's doing well. But it will always be there. Breaks my heart when I remember how bad it can be.
    Listening to your prospective, makes me realize how blessed we are to have our Lord. Without him life is sooo hard.
    And what a gift we each receive knowing there is more for us is in heaven. No pain etc.

    I do recommend a book for you if I can.
    http://mynameishope.org/ I provided a link.

    I will include you in my prayers. Do let me know how you are.
    Sincerely,
    Larisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Look like the my link didn't work. Type in mynameishope.org and it'll come up. :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Larisa! I am looking that book up RIGHT NOW. So thankful for your encouragement and sweet words.

    ReplyDelete