Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 230 - Lovely

I don't know how she does it, but my friend Steph always emails me the perfect verses that can sink into my soul. It's like she truly understands how I am feeling. Her faith is pretty amazing.

Here are the latest:

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. ~2 Timothy 4:7

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. ~Psalm 34:17

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. ~Psalm 147:3

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you,...I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. ~Isaiah 41:10

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. ~Zephaniah 3:17

I am so thankful for my friends. For friends that I rarely get to see or talk to, for friends that go deep into my past, for friends that hang around no matter what happens. I have received two emails this week that literally picked me up and dusted me off. Because, like I said, it's hard to face yourself. When you are deep in depression and even in growth, it's hard to see things about you that are lovely because everything is uprooted. To Steph and I.M., thank you for making me feel a little bit lovely.

Color is coming back into my world....the grey clouds are starting to part. I feel like I am starting to see myself again.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment