Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 226 - Words

I remember when I was in high school (I think), a woman at the grocery store told me that I have a beautiful smile. Now I'm not saying that I don't, but I have imperfect teeth and it's never been anything that anyone has told me since. I think I have a normal and gummy kind of smile that often turns out to be a little awkward.

Why am I telling you this? Because somehow all of these years later I remember what that woman told me. She was a total stranger and yet her words stuck in my brain forever. I can't remember all of the things people have said to me over the years, but harsh words are certainly harder to forget aren't they. And yet her kind words stuck. It wasn't a big deal for her to compliment me, it took away a minute of her life. I thought of that exact moment when I read this line.

The words people say to us not only have shelf life but have the ability to shape life. -Bob Goff

Amazing to be reminded that our words can stay with people forever. Our children, family, friends, and even strangers at the grocery store. I'm pretty sure that loving words and actions are part of God's plan.

Let love be your highest goal. -1 Corinthians 14:1
  
 

1 comment:

  1. I love this.
    And you do have a bright, beautiful smile:)

    ReplyDelete