Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 239 - Germs

There is so much I want to write about, but I have a sick baby to love on. It looks like another week of illness in our home. But you know what? That's my job. To be mom and to take care of all of their hurts. More unexpected interruptions, more tossing the calendar to the side, more trashing plans, and more giving up my needs. When it comes to my children, that's what God created me to do. To be present, to nurture, to love, and to protect. There is nothing else that matters. And that's our job as a family, to step back and love whomever is hurting. I know the other kids will be disappointed of cancelled plans and more days stuck at home, but I want them to understand that we are in this together. We take care of each other. That's what being a family is all about. And most often, life doesn't happen as planned.

And so as I get ready to welcome in a new week, I am trying to thank God for illnesses that disappear. For the germy kids who get them. For a house to be safely sick in. And for love that keeps us going. Yes, I am disappointed that we will probably be in this for the long haul (two more kids who probably will get sick), but that's just life. And before I was vomited on today...I was thinking to myself how beautiful life really is. And you know what? Nothing has changed.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment