Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 233 - Finding my rock again

Today I am pinching myself. I have to remember how crazy lucky I am. How much I have in my life. How grateful I should be every day for what God has given me. Sure, life isn't easy...depression, finances, and conflict will get the best of you. But those are all things that can be overcome, moved to the side, and are nothing compared to what people in this world suffer from. Just like Paul said in yesterday's post, "I am not going to go back on that." 

It's time to find my own worth. It's time to do things because I want to better the world, not because I want the glory. It's time to step outside of this box that is all about me, and live a different kind of life. A life of contentment, faith, hope, and love. A life that does not focus on what is happening to me. How can you find joy in that?

I stood on a rock of faith last year that was based on being grateful for what we had, not what we lost. I need to learn to live the rest of my life like that, not just in times of crisis.

A new path is being carved out today. I am finding my rock again.
  
 

1 comment:

  1. Such an inspiring reflection! Keep up the faith. God bless.

    ReplyDelete