Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 22- Imperfection is beautiful

Today I am so grateful for my brokenness. I am thankful that God still loves me despite all of my imperfections, blunders, sins, and my unlovable days. I am never unlovable to Him. I am also grateful that many times our imperfections and our weaknesses are what bring us together. When we share our true hurts and our hang-ups we can forge the deepest bonds and the most beautiful friendships. I am so blessed that God uses my most difficult times to speak to other people (He does that for you too). I have learned that I would rather be honest with someone, than pretend I live in a perfect life. When I see someone trying so hard to be perceived as perfect I want to whisper, "It's okay, you will be loved and respected more if you are honest. If you let us see your heart a little bit. If you will just let us wrap you up in love for exactly who you are." We are all imperfect.

God, thank you for loving me despite all of my imperfections. Thank you for using my hurts, hard times, and my hang-ups to not only glorify You, but to allow me to grow closer to others. You have taught me that the best way to love someone else is to be honest, open, and available and that fellowship comes from the messes in our lives, not from all of the squeaky clean parts.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment