Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23 - My week

It's Monday, which means my to-do list is long and my week is full. So much organizing, calling, mailing, creating, sending, and writing. So many bills, problems, and financial issues to take care of. It's just the way our life is right now, never enough and so much to take in. But, the truth is, I am not stressed or worried. Sure I can feel overwhelmed at times, but I take each day one at a time. I live for the moment and I trust in the process. I know that somehow it will all work out, and it always does. So I wait with hope that what we need will arrive and what has to be done will get done. I will diligently plan ahead so that everything is in the best order it can be. I have hope that the mix of planning and trusting will get us through each month, to a better month right around the corner.

It can be downright hard to have hope in everyday life when you are bogged down with bills, sorrows, or unexpected transitions. But trusting God and having hope in the smallest daily circumstances is what builds your faith. If you cannot have hope in the tiniest parts of your life, how will you be able to trust God in the most difficult times? Trust Him in everything, have faith in all parts of your day, have hope that things will work out just as they are supposed to. Do not let fear, worries, or denial stop you.

I am going to spend my week having hope in all circumstances. When things feel unbearable or frustrating, I will pray and I will trust. When I am fearful, I will replace my fear with hope. I will find joy in my life regardless. I am not proclaiming to be good at this, because I'm not, I am still learning. But I am willing to try. I am willing to give God the parts of my life that I am trying to control and pray about them. I am willing to let go and have hope in His plans for me. To keep an open dialogue with Him all day long so that he can see my hesitations and my fears. I just know that having that kind of hope and trust in the small parts of every day life will prepare me for the bigger events down the road and will provide me with calm moments in the middle of our regular storms.


"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." -Romans 15:13 (NLT) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment