Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 27 - Living

This last month has been difficult for us financially. But then again, it doesn't compare to what we went through last year. Nonetheless we are struggling a bit and it's not my favorite place to be in. What do I take comfort in? I know that we will be okay and that we will receive financial blessings along the way. We always make it through. However, I don't dare say that we "deserve" to be doing better by now. Going to a place of believing you deserve things is unhealthy and so unrealistic. This is my path and my journey and it's not my decision on how long it should last. I know that February will be rough on us as well, but I can take comfort in having hope that March will be better, and then April, and so on. And if they aren't? Well then we will just have to keep hanging in there using all of the skills of living on a small budget that we have learned so far. And you know what, it's still so much better than it was. We have so much to be thankful for, and we have so much hope that our future will be bright again someday. And to be honest, our financial situation is not what puts a smile on my face at the end of the day. It's my sweet little two-year-old falling asleep with his arms around me. Now that's living.

I have a lot of peace right now.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." -Romans 15:13 (TNIV)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment