Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5 - Our compass

When I started A Year Full of Hope on the 1st, I was in a really happy and excited mindset. Now, it's five days into the year and I can't quite get rid of this gray cloud that is following me around. I'm in a funk and I can't get out of. It seems very contradictory to be writing about hope when my life feels a little gloomy, but I guess in reality that is the best time to be writing about it, right? When I need it to envelope me and remind me of my journey.

I have had episodes of gloom throughout the years, but after diving into faith last year I notice that the doom part is gone. I may feel stressed about today's worries, finances, problems, etc., but I am not worried about the bigger picture at all. I may feel depressed, but I know that it won't last forever. My faith really helps me treat these kinds of days as just that... days, because they will pass.

So what are we supposed to do on the gloomy days?

"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." -James 4:8 (NASB)


"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. -Romans 12:12 (NIV) 


"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." -Philippians 4:6(NLT)

To live a year full of hope we need to seek God on all days. On happy days, gloomy days, dark days, and lost days. We need to be joyful, patient, & faithful. We need to pray about everything. Always keeping our eyes focused ahead will help us move forward on our journey, and the hope in our hearts will be our compass to guide us through it all.

1 comment: