Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 113 - Mud

There will be times in your life where you just feel like you are trudging through the mud. Life may be sunny and joyful but you feel like every day is about moving towards the next. The same of the same. Hard work day in and day out. Just making the best of the ordinary. I feel like that now. The skies are blue, life is beautiful, and I am grateful, but I still feel like I am trudging through the mud every day. Surviving a busy life and doing all of the things I have to do. And while I am doing it happily, I still wonder what is next. When will "it" happen?

Then I remember this:

In His heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps.
-Proverbs 16:9


And I am reminded that God determines even the steps through the mud. He gives each step purpose. They are all on His time. And walking faster or slower won't get us anywhere different. Each step is a part of the miracle of our life, even the dirty ones.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment