Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 115 - Corner of the roof

I have felt like a single mother over the past couple of weeks, as Mark has been extremely busy with commitments and traveling. As we talk and see each other less I can feel my resentment building up because I am exhausted and lonely. I feel like I am holding down the fort and working hard, but I feel unappreciated (side note: I know that Mark is totally appreciative). Last night I finally gave into my stress and decided to go to bed earlier than usual, but before I did I was compelled to go to my Bible to ask for insight into the madness of our life right now. Here is what came my way.... brace yourself.

Better to live on a corner of the roof
than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
-Proverbs 21:9

Better to live in a desert
than share a house with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.
-Proverbs 22:19

I just about spit out my water, especially reading it twice. Notice there is nothing about patting myself on the back or deserving a huge gesture of gratitude, instead God pointed me to the fact that it would be better for my husband to live in the desert or on a roof than in a house with a quarreling wife. I am literally laughing about it right now. I hear you God, I was wrong and I need to be responsible for the way I deal with my stress and disappointment. I need to understand that there are seasons of life and there are always better ways to deal with my stress than to quarrel.

Thank you for the not-so-subtle lesson. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment