Sunday, September 2, 2012

Day 246 - Imperfect

This week I have been reminded, more than once, of how imperfect I am. Of how I can make bad choices. Of how selfish I can be. I mean I obviously know that all of the time, but this week felt like an extra special reminder.

You know what I told myself when the going got tough.... this too shall pass.

I mess up, I do it again, and yet every time I learn something new and take it with me. I leave excuses behind. I strive to be a better person and to love others more than myself. And then I forgive myself for what I did and thank God that He gave me another day to learn from my mistakes. I thank Him for giving me wisdom and strength. I thank Him for loving me enough that He makes good things come from the bad.


But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. -Job 23:10 (TNIV)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment