Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 268 - Control Freak

God has taught this control freak that when life seems to be falling apart, when everything seems to be teeter-tottering, or when you could be a jump away from many things going wrong, that God is probably working full time in your life.

Mark and I have a lot of unknowns right now. Things could flip one way or another at any give moment and it feels like things are out of control. That's why people like the perceived notion of stability, because you feel safe. While we do pray for more stability in our life, I have found my safety in trusting God. I know that even the most stable life can fall apart at any time. And yet, with all of our unknowns I feel completely secure in God's love and vision for our life. I know that even though bad news could come tomorrow, that we will be okay. God has never abandoned us, never led us astray, and has blessed us in all circumstances. And with that faith, I have a peace and a hope that I never had before. 

I am amazed that this control freak can thrive and trust in uncertainty. But that's what loving God will do for you. It allows you to let go of your need to control and know everything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment