Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 271 - Hope forward

Lately I have noticed a lot of people posting about hope. I see it everywhere that I go. It's all around us. It's such a strong and passionate word that has so many levels of emotion. Hope means so much to so many people.

Today all I can think about is how we can give hope to others. It's not something that I can literally gift to someone else, although I have tried. I have tried so hard to sneak hope into people's lives that are hurting, but it's not easy. Hope has to be wanted, accepted, and loved back. So how can we help other people have hope?

By living and breathing it.
By being an example.
By sharing our lives.
By sharing God's word.
By giving love.
By being vulnerable.

We spread hope by being a light for others to see. At least that is what I think. We get out of our comfort zone and share our lives, our stories, and our beliefs with people around us. We become friendlier, we share our hurts and our difficulties, and then we share how hope changes our lives. How we can have hope in all situations. How hope changes who we are. And by doing that, we are also giving love. We are suddenly doing things for people, we are serving them, and we are letting our hope seep into their lives. Our love then gives them hope, even in dark circumstances or despair.

That's what is on my heart this morning. Not just about having hope, but about giving hope to others. I want to pay it forward.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment