Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 259 - I can

Today I woke up anxious with a full run a head of me. A distance that I have only run twice before. It's not that I didn't think that I could do it, because I knew that I could. I just thought it would be hard. I wasn't sure that I was strong enough to finish without walking, needing my inhaler, or giving up. I have been training so hard, but when thinking about this run, I didn't believe I was a runner.

Last night I watched a documentary about an ultra marathon runner. I listened to his life and saw his achievements (which are more than I could ever imagine). And I was reminded of my own personal belief that l live by. I can do anything. Literally. I might not be able to do it as well, as fast, as far, or as much, but if someone else can do it so can I. This motto helped me in giving birth, getting my MBA, climbing the corporate ladder, taking leaps of faith, making big decisions, working from home, and trying new things. This motto is what got me running in the first place, and that was no easy task. I can do it. I am capable.

My run this morning was amazing. I was a sweaty mess, exhausted, and it was hot... but I rocked it. I didn't need anything to see me through it except for a reminder that if one man can run hundreds of miles, I could run too. And every weekend when I get ready for my long run I am going to remind myself that I can do anything. And I am going to pray for God to give me the strength to rock the new mileage ahead of me. Every week I will go a little further because God made me capable of finishing my journey. I just have to believe it.

We can all do more than we ever imagined for ourselves.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment