Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 256 - God's paperwork

I am having a hard time juggling life. School is back in session and I suddenly feel like a taxi driver (but the kind that is fun because your passengers have lots to tell you about their day). Some days are especially long with extracurricular activities and volunteer duties. By the time I take a breath it's bedtime for the kids and I spend my quiet hours doing whatever is the most pressing and that time goes by fast. I try to get to bed before midnight so I can get up early to run and then do it all over again.

I love all of the madness but I forget to pray, read, and have time dedicated to God. I have four books sitting by my computer begging me to read them, and yet they just sit. Books filled with God's promises and life stories of people's faith. And when I go to write my blogs, I feel a little dry. If I don't have time for God, how can my faith grow? How can hope seep in? How can I hear God's voice and direction?  How can I give proper thanks for all of the blessings showered on us? You just can't. Just going to church on Sunday is not enough to fill you up for a whole week.

It's easy to be overloaded. I have bills, papers, and to-dos piled on my desk. So many things need my attention, and yet I can't think of anything more important that spending time with God. His paperwork directs you through each and every day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment