Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 35 - Seek

When I opened up my prayer journal for some inspiration this morning I did not have to read very far. The very first entry was:

You were put on Earth to make a contribution- to add to life on earth


Hello. Our whole existence is not for us; it's to contribute to everything and everyone else.

A little further down the page was:

You are the only person on earth who can use your natural abilities because God gave you a unique shape and wants you to serve Him and others.


Okay. So the whole point of my creation is to contribute, and no one else can contribute like I can because I have my own unique natural shape that God gave me. So if I am not using my shape to help others, then I'm keeping something wonderful from everyone. Something that no one else can fill.

Makes you feel pretty special right? Google says that as of August 2011 there were 6,957,690,528 people on Earth. That is a lot of uniqueness, and sadly a lot of abilities being lost to lack of faith, violence, addiction, poverty, selfishness, money, and abuse (to name a few). Imagine what the world could look like if everyone was contributing and serving others. If everyone kept doing a little more to benefit the world. If we all stopped our obsession with media, idolization of people, our anger with others, and just became who God created us to be, or at the very least explored who God created us to be. Things would be a little better. We would be a little bit better. The world would be a little more peaceful. And lives would be changed.

I know that life is so overwhelming. I also know that trying to figure out what God created you for is overwhelming, because to be honest, I still have no idea. I still don't know what He wants me to do. But, when I realize my purpose isn't for me and that someday I will have to give a personal account to God (as will everyone), I really hope I have a lot of great stuff to tell him. Not for my own admiration, but so that He will see that I loved Him enough to contribute. That I fulfilled His plan for me. That I inspired my children to live their plans for Him.

Seek not to just get through the day, but to contribute somehow every day. Seek to discover a little more what your natural and unique shape is.

In the end, that's what real dreams are made of.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment