Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 53 - When you seek

When you seek, He answers. These past few days I have been reflecting on prayer and calling out to God at all times, not just when I need Him. And in doing so I have been more mindful of talking to him and praying for my every day life and all of my needs, instead of just praying for others or in desperate times. And as I have been seeking Him more, He has been answering me more. A lot more. Not just about prayer, He has been speaking to me about all of my main fears, frustrations, and worries. I am always amazed when that happens and I wonder why I easily forget the closeness that I feel to Him when I include Him in more of my life. I forgot what it was like to have Him answer me, to give me wisdom, to love me. Instead I let the busyness of life separate us. Imagine if I was this mindful all of the time... what a way to live. I want that.

I am a fast reader. I love books and I have had that love as long as I can remember. It is very rare for me to have a book lying around unfinished, but there has been a book that I started over a month ago and it has just been sitting on my desk. I thought I lost interest in it, but as I started reading it again this week, I realized that it had been waiting for me. Waiting for this week when it would be full of wisdom pertaining to my mindset right now. Full of pages I would have hurriedly read over weeks ago. Words that would not have leapt into my heart. Words straight from my Heavenly Father. And so I am not only humbled, but also grateful that He still loves me enough to give me gentle reminders of faith and hope. Little nudges to open my eyes to see that not only is everything going to be okay, but in time everything will be great.

I want this peace and this closeness is my life forever. Guiding me through the best and the worst. And yet, all I have to do is include Him, talk to Him, ask from Him, and obey Him every day. Whisper to Him through everything.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment