Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 55 - Inching

I wrote this on my Facebook page on Thursday night:

In the last 3 1/2 years I lost my identity, all my financial security, and all of my old hopes for the future. But, that's just how life works. We weren't created to live a comfortable life. When you go through thunderstorms you have to change and grow. You have to fight. You have to create yourself again with new hope and a lot of faith. Embrace what God has given you and don't look back. Don't be ashamed. Life is still so good.

God has been calling me to be transparent with others and to be an open book. Obviously I already do that on this blog, but Facebook is a whole other platform. Especially my personal Facebook page and not just my Amanda Writes page. He wants me to put my faith and my hardships out there for anyone and everyone to see. I'm not going to lie, it was exhausting emotionally to write it and then post it. But I'm glad I did and I will probably do it again a thousand times. He has been leading my heart a lot over the last six months to let my worries and fears go. To hold on to the notion that being honest about my life and my faith may help someone else and that doing so is more important than how people see me or think of me. I already made the commitment last year to not pretend that our life is perfect and I am sticking to it (although I know I am too honest sometimes), even if it means being more public about it and allowing myself to feel even more vulnerable.

I know I am inching closer to finding God's purpose for me.


 

1 comment:

  1. So many people are just not honest about their life, their struggles, their insecurities....being too honest is a good thing. I wish there was more people like that on this planet. Don't ever hide who you are!!! Glad you posted this here, I'm not on FB anymore.

    ReplyDelete