Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 51 - Prayer

I forget to pray. I write in my prayer journal, but not every night. I find that I pray when I remember, when I need something, or when it's convenient. Or I am good about saying small prayers for other people often, or having the kids pray at night. Why can't I remember to pray over my daily life? If I have time to work, blog, and look at Facebook, then I have more than enough time to pray.

I was reminded at church yesterday of the importance of prayer. It should not be your last resort (as it often is when we are in a desperate situation), but it should be our first choice. Always. We have to ask for things to receive them, to bear fruit, to grow. And here I am feeling so confused and lost about my purpose, my future, and where God wants me to be. Shouldn't I be praying about it constantly? Shouldn't I be asking for the things I am hoping for? Shouldn't it be a daily conversation?

It's so obvious to me now that a year dedicated to hope also needs to be a year dedicated to prayer. To growing. To praying continuously. I feel like it's the next step in my faith and to become more spiritually mature. Without prayer, how can we expect our hope to flourish? To become reality?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment