Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 46 - Legacy

Today I was in a group setting and was asked the question, "What do you want your legacy to be after you pass away?" As soon as the question was finished I knew my answer, in fact it's something I have been thinking about. My answer is simple in nature, but complex in meaning.

She made the world a little more beautiful

That's it. That's how I would want to be remembered. It's at the center of my soul and I have been telling myself I want to make the world more beautiful for a long time. The complexity of it is in how many different ways I can dream of beautifying the world. Through my faith, my work, my vision, my words, my love, my ideas, with my hands, and with my heart. I just want to pour everything I have all around me and hope that somehow I physically made the world (or someone's world) more beautiful.

What would you want your legacy to be? I heard other heartfelt answers like being know as a hard worker, being a simple but respected and loved person, teaching your children about the love of Jesus and what a life of faith looks like, being an elegant and well-rounded woman, being the best mom possible, and more.

Life is so precious and time is not promised. It is being increasingly unveiled to me that if my desire is to make the world more beautiful, that is what I should be striving for every day. In small actions, in my life at home, in the way I treat strangers, by doing my best work, etc. How about you? Are you focused in your every day life of faith? Are you using your every day life to leave a legacy? To be an example for those that follow you? To honor the life that you were given?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment