Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 36 - Free

Sometimes you have to distance yourself from others. Sometimes you wake up and realize that it's okay to do so. Maybe it's better for the other person too. The best way to do it is obviously as quietly and respectfully as you can, if that's possible. Sometimes it's just time to make that change, and for me it was time.

The other day I went running (if you know me, gasp) and while I was out I thought to myself, "hey instead of being a part of something unhealthy I am taking the time to better myself. I am making my life better." I can't explain how freeing that was. I was choosing to make myself better. Instead of talking about my problems, complaining, or being depressed I was DOING something about it. I was taking actions to be a better version of myself. I was no longer talking about the bad situation, in fact it wasn't about that, it was about me. It felt really good. And you know what? The more we work on bettering ourselves, the more we are able to help other people. To show them the way.

I couldn't help but think of the people out there who are lost in an addiction, an unhealthy relationship, a bad choice... I just wanted to scream out and to tell them that they deserve to feel better too. To get lost in a challenge or to get lost in a love for something else. Free yourself from pain. Run with your arms wide open.  Just try, you have nothing to lose. If you have to start small, do it. I am. I'm not a runner but I found a program that teaches you to do a little bit at a time and after many weeks you will get there. I love that analogy for life. A little at a time if you have to. And no excuses. I actually have never had even a smidgen of desire to run. But I need to do something free and this is what I came across. I'm proud of myself. We all deserve to feel like that.

So I will say it. God did not create you to be in a heap of pain, frustration, or despair. But often those situations can turn out to be blessings if we move forward and make the decision to trust God's leadership and to find the positive in it. Sometimes it takes time to see the sun, but it will come, and the best way to see it isn't to wait for it, but to try and run for it. And if you don't have the stamina to run, then jog, walk, or crawl if you have to.

You have the power to make your life more beautiful, no matter what.

That is what hope is all about.


 

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! I love that program too! It helped me so much get into running. xo

    ReplyDelete