Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 38 - Let go

We so often say, "it's not possible, I can't do this, this isn't the way it's supposed to be." I remember how all of that feels. I remember being so stuck on my ideals for my life, that I couldn't handle change. But now, I see the other end. I know that any situation is possible, that you can do it, and that sometimes the least likely scenarios are exactly how they are supposed to be. Sometimes you have to let go of how you want things to be so that they can just be.

I never in a million years would have imagined that I would be living in a two-bedroom home with three kids, two adults, and two dogs (thank goodness for our little loft full of toys). But here we are. We have made it work. My three kids all share a room and you know what, I love it right now. The mom who always said her kids would definitely have their own rooms, is now eating her words. I was wrong. Life got to us and this was the solution presented to us, it was not ideal, but it has turned out just fine. Somehow, despite what you would expect, my two year old, three year old, and six year old all fall asleep to the sounds of one another. It just works. We have fit into the space that God wants us to be in. And you know what, that is where I want to be right now. The place that houses my faith. The place where I have witnessed miracles. The place where God taught me that we can make any situation work with faith, trust, and hope.

What parts of your life are you stomping your feet, trying not to let go of? What situation is causing you despair because it's nothing like what you had hoped for? What solution has God presented you that seems so unfair? Just trust. Talk to God. Tell Him all of your feelings. Tell Him you are handing it over to him. But also, have faith in yourself, your family, or whoever is involved, that it can and will work out somehow. Just give it a chance, settle in, and let God work miracles in all situations. Don't be afraid.

"God I want your will, not mine." 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment