Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 52 - The next two verses

I thought about prayer all day yesterday. I prayed, I reflected, and I just thought more about what God was presenting to me. To receive, you have to at least ask. And then I opened the current book I am reading and the first thing I saw was about the verse Jeremiah 29:11.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


We all know this verse. For so many it's their favorite verse in the Bible. It brings us comfort in difficult situations and in hopelessness. It brought me so much peace last year while I was building my faith and surviving my journey. And yet, do you know the next two verses? Do you know Jeremiah 29:12-13?

Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.


God has plans for us and He wants us to have hope and a future. We need to call on him and pray to him for that future. For His plans. For Him in our lives. He will listen to our prayers and our cries, and when we seek Him, we will find Him. When we pour our hearts out to Him, He will be there. He will work within us. He will reveal His plans.

What amazing words for me to read while thinking about prayer. I will be praying and seeking God with all of my heart. I want the plans He has for me. I want to find Him. And that all starts with prayer.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment