Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 64 - Overwriting her plans

I just started reading Mary Beth Chapman's book called Choosing to See. Her husband Steven Curtis Chapman wrote the forward and this particular part really resonated with me.

She has a lifetime of watching God overwrite her plans with His story. Sometimes the result has been wonderful, and sometimes it has been devastating. Sometimes she's been a willing participant, and sometimes she's gone "kicking and screaming." But in every case the process has been difficult at best.


I know that my struggles are minor compared to what she has endured, especially with the loss of her child. I also know that she has years and years of faith on me. She is a woman of faith, I still feel like a student. But I also know that God keeps overwriting my plans for His story. All of the time, over and over again, and that has become part of my story. That so much of my life right now is the opposite of how I not only wanted it to be, but worked for it to be. I have degrees not being used, plans not being met, ideals that were taken away. And knowing that there is this mature woman of faith that has grown and fought and then told her story, well I have hope that someday I will have my own lifetime of God's plans for me to write about.

Right now, I look around and my mind cannot begin to fathom how we are going to get out of this place we are in. But, my heart has hope and trusts that someday His plans will be far better than mine.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment