Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 77 - Reflecting

I'm not going to lie, having a third child is very hectic. I was unprepared for the initial craziness. Now that the baby is two years old, the hardest part is just taking everyone everywhere and trying to keep the kids all under control. Some days are awesome and some days are exhausting. But I love it. I love every piece of it.

Something I have noticed with the third child is that I don't panic or take everything as seriously as I did with the first two. When my little guy throws a tantrum, I almost laugh it off. It doesn't stress me out and I feel like it's so much easier to weather the storms because I have had a lot of practice. I have been through it before and I know what works and what doesn't. Or at the very least I have a lot of good tricks that I have figured out from the first two. I feel like I get to enjoy him more because I am very settled and confident in my parenting of little ones. I like that feeling.

Tonight I was reflecting on some of the ups and downs we have been experiencing this year and I realized that although some of the trials we are facing are much more extreme than in the past, I have been here before with my faith. I have fought similar storms. And now, my faith has matured and I can handle the big stresses with a little more peace and a lot more heart. I certainly don't enjoy them, but I can relate them to past problems and feel confident in the way that I am responding. Less anger, less irrational behavior, and less fear. I can talk to God, pray about it appropriately, and let Him help me work through it. I can trust my instincts and try to do what I believe is best.

I have hope and I trust that God can use the new trials somehow in my life. That He can take the bad and somehow make something else good. I also have a steadfast assurance that I have never had before. Leaning on God in hard times is a relationship that becomes much easier with practice and time, and just like parenting three little ones, I love feeling settled and more confident in that relationship and in myself.

Trust God with the trials in your life.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment