Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 90 - In the way

Lately I have been reminded that the only person usually standing in your way is you. It's your feelings, your fears, your thoughts, your hesitations, and your habits. Other people don't usually stand in your way, it's how you feel or think about them as obstacles. Things don't stand in your way; it's your reluctance to find ways around them. Your life is in your hands and somehow you need to move out of the way. And when I say you, I mean we. Because I am standing in my own way in so many areas right now and I am not afraid to admit it.

What is it that is making you so unhappy? Your body, your job, your friendships, your fear of failure, drama in your life, or just a haze of unhappiness? Maybe you can't fix everything right away but you can start, it's never too late. Baby steps. No excuses. Find your path to wherever you may need to go. Take leaps of faith, or allow there to be trade offs. Somehow jump out of your own way. Give yourself a chance. Don't give up. And most importantly, pray about it. Take it to God. Believe that God can create miracles in your life if you draw close to Him.

Lord, I feel like as soon as I take ten steps forward, I somehow manage to get in my own way and I end up ten steps back. I am praying that you can give me the faith and the determination to get to where I need to be. Lord, I have failed and I just want the strength to start again. To make it right this time. To be the person I know that I can be. Lord, please help me with this part of my life. And Lord, I know that there are changes that we can make for a better life for our family as a whole. I just pray that you can help us be brave enough to make them.


 

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly how I feel at the moment. Thanks for the inspiring words :)

    ReplyDelete