Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 86 - Trust. Listen. Hope. Have faith.


Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive ways in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
-Psalm 139:23-24

What do you do when you know God is speaking to you, but you don't want to listen? Over the last week or so, God was putting some flags in my path. Little signs that I need to be prepared for some changes and when they arise I need to do the right thing. And just as I figured, situations are stirring a bit. I am having a hard time with it. I don't want to see His flags, I don't want to read those words. I pretend they were not being repeated in front of me. I want to make excuses for why I should ignore them. I want to stay in my confusion of what the right thing is, because I honestly don't know, and the confusion seems safe. 

But here, I should be thankful for his warnings. I should be thankful that God has continually given my heart time to adjust to His changes. That He prepares me for what is coming, even if I don't see it. That if I am feeling anxious I can talk to Him. I can ask Him where my steps should lead instead of letting my anxiety eat me away. I can give it to Him and trust that His path is safe for me, even when I feel scared and vulnerable.
Trust. Listen. Hope. Have faith.


 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda, just wanted to let you know I passed on the "Versatile Blogger Award" to you. I really enjoy your blog. Check out my blog for the details.

    ReplyDelete