Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 88 - In the quiet

God has humbled me this year in a new way. Last year was filled with grit and depth, and My Year of Faith reached so many people. I was constantly praised. Sometimes that happens in the storm. We are on fire. And now that life has slowed down, this year has turned into a calmer type of faith, learning to have hope and how to hang on. My words are more gentle, less gripping, and the power of the storm has faded. I am not holding on to people the same and my life is not moving the same. That was hard at first.

But this year God has taught me that sometimes in life, it's not about the multitudes, it's about the one or two people that you can change. It's about you. It's about the possibility that just one word out of hundreds of thousands can make a difference. It's about the entire journey from beginning of your life until the end. It's about His plan for me and sometimes the times we least expect are the most powerful. It's about how life travels us on paths, and curves, through violent storms, and times of calm. Sometimes we need quietness to hear our own voice and to learn where we are. To hear God more clearly. I remember how hard it was after our wedding. We had been through this crazy and fun time of planning and celebrating, and then after our honeymoon that center of attention and all of the specialness of planning was gone. And we were left with this new life ahead of us. It was quiet and at first I was depressed, but looking back it wasn't the wedding where we grew together the most, it was everything after.

That is where I am at right now. God has me in a quiet place, still with storms of its own, yet more gentle in nature. And perhaps this is where all the growth, depth, and understanding will come from. Maybe this place in my life will be my everything after.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment