Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 85 - My girl

Today my sweet girl turned four years old. She can be a handful, but I constantly remind myself that she is still a baby and it's my job to raise her the best that I know how. To teach her and to mold her so that she can withstand the heartaches and trials of life. And while I get frustrated at times with her shrill screams and her defiance, I looked at her today and saw all of the life and joy she has inside of her. She is such a happy girl who just wants to be loved... a lot. And that's my job, right? God made her exactly the way He wanted, and my job as her mommy is to help her grow into the woman He created her to be. I am so thankful.

This last year my children have grown so much in their faith. They pray and talk about God. They tell me the stories they learn, in almost perfect dictation. They love church. And today, on her birthday, I caught my sweet girl singing a song from Sunday School. It was like heaven. My heart melts with hope that my children will grow up with a faith that can sustain them, and hearts that God can fill with so much joy and love.

Happy Birthday sweet girl.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment