Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 74 - Remember

I drove by a cemetery yesterday and my eye caught a group in mourning, all dressed in black, burying their loved one. Sometime I forget that while I am living my life doing normal things, someone else is in despair and possibly having the worst day of their life. I forget that as I am typing these words, someone is dealing with the shock that their child has a serious illness, or they have lost the baby they were carrying, or they are considering ending their own life. I often get so caught up that I don't notice the woman passing me in Target, with tears in her eyes because her husband just left her, or the subtle status update on Facebook hinting to the loss of a job or heart break.

Life is going on all around us and we cannot forget it. We cannot lose our compassion in the hustle of our days. And for the people in our life whom we know are going through something, we need to email, text, and send reminders of our love. No matter how busy. We were created to be compassionate and loving and sometimes our actions can help give someone else a glimmer of hope in their despair.

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." -Colossians 3:12 (TNIV)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment