Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 66 - In someone else's book

Every now and then we come across something we read in a book, see on a blog, hear about from a friend, etc., and we feel like we recognize our own life in someone else's story. We are touched to the depth of our soul by this connection of our pain to theirs. We feel relief, we feel joy, and we feel assurance in our own hearts. We see ourselves, we see our journey, and we see our life a little differently. And that brings us hope. Other people's stories bring us hope. Other people's faith brings us hope. Other people's determination and bravery brings us hope. Knowing that we are not alone in our sorrow, uncertainties, and heartaches gives us hope and light. A lot of light.

I just read part of my life story in someone else's book. I don't think that has ever happened to me before. But it was there and we share multiple heartaches and journeys. Can I tell you how much hope it gave me to see someone else's faith in the open to inspire my journey too? Her gut-wrenching admissions changed me. It lightened my load.

It's not easy to share, to be vulnerable, but it comes with an amazing gift. The gift of touching someone else's life. The gift of giving hope. The gift of giving life.

If am always open to sharing stories of hope and faith on this blog. Just email me.

For the rest of you- read, explore, and be open to allowing other people's lives help you on your journey.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment