Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 80 - No competition

Today we had an amazing speaker at MOPS and her presentation was about how to get through a crisis and lean on God. It was weird to hear it because that is the story I have been trying to tell for the last 445 days. The story that my heart desires to tell in the future. The story that I hope I portrayed at the MOPS I spoke at last year. My future. And here was a woman, much more mature in her future, telling her story. The story I haven't figured out how to tell just yet. And she has a book under her wings, my dream. She was funny, adorable, and she just had everyone under her presence. Every woman in there was fixated on her. To be honest, it made me feel awful. I think I even tried to not like her, but that didn't last long because her story is so real. It made me feel like someone was already telling the story I have to share, with the people I want to share with, and I could never compete with how well she does it. Doubt.

 Do you know what God did? While I was sitting there, feeling like my future was impossible, He reminded me that we all have our own gifts and that He will give me everything that I need to tell the story He wants me to tell. That while I was looking at someone who I think I could never "compete" against in a sense, that there is no competition in finding your purpose. That wherever God leaves me, is where I should be. And let's be honest, I still have no idea where He is sending me... my path constantly changes. He puts so many twists and turns in my life; I know my purpose still has not been revealed. God is still working. Today, I saw that He is showing me that I need to believe in the way He created me to live out my life and my dreams. That there is no competition fulfilling His glory.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment