Saturday, June 2, 2012

Day 154 - Love

It's all about love.

What I learned last year is that everything is fleeting except for love and faith. When we had nothing financially and every day was uncertain, I didn't beg God for money.... I begged Him to keep our family safe, healthy, and together. It's weird how that happens. When we are on the brink of losing everything around us, we don't ask for things, because we understand they are fleeting. We ask for love. We beg for love. I begged for my family. I knew how easily everything could be taken away and I could live without all the monetary possessions forever, but I could not live without the people I love. They are the most important things in the world and we found joy in a less that ideal situation because we knew what was important.

While our finances have improved since then, our situation is still not completely ideal. And yet, despite how recent it was I begin to forget how I felt. I start to return to selfish thinking of things and my wants. Of wanting a full life, with more of this and that. Of worrying about buying a house someday, of what will happen financially down the road for us, of how I will live a comfortable life. And then.... a pain in my heart reminds me of what life is all about. About loving my husband, my kids, my parents, my sisters, and my dearest friends. Of building a home (wherever it is) with a happy family inside. Of raising kids who feel loved and secure, teaching them how to live a joyful life no matter what you have or what you do. And showing them how to be thankful for what you have in all circumstances. It's okay to want more, but you should never forget what makes a life worth living.

It's love (in all dimensions).

I am as thankful for the reminder as I am for the lesson.

 

P.S. Speaking of love... if you read my post yesterday you know that I was struggling with living in the today, and letting yesterday fall behind. Of being confident in who I am no matter what. Proof of God's love arrived the same day. These are the words that arrived in my inbox not long after posting my thoughts.


“Look straight ahead with honest confidence; don't hang your head in shame.” (Proverbs 4:25 TEV)


No comments:

Post a Comment