Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 182 - Clean

I have dedicated this summer to cleaning out our house and completing all of the projects on or way-past-due list. I came to the realization that spring-cleaning just isn't for me. In the spring we are immersed in sports, homework, holidays, birthdays, and everything you can imagine. There is never time for a good clean or organization overhaul. But somehow summer has provided me with the time to get things done. We have donated loads of toys, clothes, gone through cabinets, closets, and cupboards.  And I am starting to feel better, lighter, and cleaner. But I still have a lot more work to do.

While I am cleaning out my home, I feel like I am also taking inventory of my life. Trying to be present in who I am, where I am, and what I am doing. I am trying to clean out the gutters in my soul and learning to deal with things I cannot change. I am assessing where I want to go and how I can get there (although this is hard to do since I have no idea where God is leading me and I am surrendering it all to Him). I am trying to reflect on the actions God has taken in my past to get me to where I am today. But most of all I am trying to restore my heart from this past year and learn to make it less penetrable from others thoughts, words, or actions - because God has shown me that no matter what I do some people will never be pleased, and that is okay. They are not me and I don't need anyone's blessing but His. Clearing out all of those cobwebs of feelings really makes you look at life differently.

It's good to clean, to clear out, to refresh, and to renew in every way possible.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment