Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 173 - Cleaning

Even though summer feel stressful with all three kids at home and no break, I have also felt a sort of freedom that comes with it. I love that. No homework, not many places that we have to be at, and being able to do everything right for my family. I have also found that summer has turned into my spring-cleaning. Instinctively I have begun cleaning, sorting, throwing away, and organizing because I have more time to take care of the home. It feels good to weed through the messes and the disorganization in my life. To clean it up little by little. And I also see it as a metaphor for cleaning up myself. For paying attention to what I need to work on, what needs to be weeded out of my life, and what needs some cleaning emotionally and spiritually. It's important to periodically find time to take inventory of where you are at personally and to fix what is broken and work on what needs to be fixed.

Summer has become that healing time for me in all ways and I welcome it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment