Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 181 - World is waiting

Will you say yes to God?
If so, your world is waiting...

-from Dangerous Surrender


I'm going through a lot right now, but in a very subtle way if that makes any sense. I know that something big is happening in my spiritual maturity, but it's a slow process that God is working on and in reality all I feel is some depression lurking into my life. I haven't felt a lot of joy these past few days, but to be fair we have been stuck inside for three days of perfect summer weather because my daughter is sick and I think that has something to do with it too.

I started reading Kay Warren's book Dangerous Surrender just because there wasn't anything else around. What a great book. God put in front of me in a time when I already decided to give up parts of my life, was adding new experiences, and trying to see what more I could be. I had already started to surrender to the feelings of inadequacy that sometimes plague me of not having the job I've dreamed of. I am letting go of feelings of caring of what others think about me, and instead seeing my value and worth trough God's eyes. Of giving it all to Him to use me. And now after reading this book, I am trying to let go of the fears that I have to find out where God needs me most. I am not a fearful person when it comes to putting myself out there and doing something I dream of, but I do have worries that I know God is trying to strip from me. Things I need to let go of.

I have already said yes to God, but now I need to start moving. It's not as easy as it seems. I have come so far on my spiritual journey and I know that I have a long way to go. But God made it clear when I opened my book looking for guidance in my depression that the world is waiting.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment