Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 162 - I did it

Today was my first 10K run. I have been training for it ever since I decided to make my family's life healthier. Ever since I decided to stop complaining that I could not afford the workouts that I liked to do. Ever since I put a goal in my mind and stuck to it. Ever since God told me that I could do something outside of the box I have created. And ever since I realized that I am a fighter, not just emotionally, but physically too.

As I was getting read for the run this morning, which I was very anxious about, I opened up my email and saw a daily devotional. Here was the last line:

"...dozens of times in Scripture God has said, "I'll be with you no matter where you go." God is always with you, whether you feel it or not."

I felt it yesterday. I have a lot more fight left in me. I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment