Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 168 - Wake up and try again

I went running today with a set distance to complete. I have run that same distance before with little problem, but today I stopped about a half mile short and could not continue. I was sick and exhausted. While I started to get angry with myself for not completing the goal, I remembered that the same thing had happened once before. And when it happened I was also mad, but the very next day I was able to run it with no problem.

Today I am reminded that every day is a new day. Every adventure has ups and downs. That sometimes we are stronger and sometimes we are weaker, but that the weaker days are often what build us up to be prepared for the next day, time, adventure, and so on. That my weakness does not have to last forever if I don't let it. That learning to pick yourself up after disappointment is part of the battle. It is part of your strength.

When you think you just can't keep going, give yourself time and try again.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment