Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 170 - Sefless

Today I read a Facebook post telling of a father that came home with no shoes on because he gave them to a homeless man. I was instantly reminded of Proverbs 22:9 and Proverbs 3:25.

A generous man will himself be blessed,
for he shared his food with the poor.

and

Do not withhold good from those who deserve it,
when it is in your power to act.


I could not help but wonder if I would do the same. But lets face it, I haven't and I have been around people who would benefit from that kind of generosity and love. Sure, I have given money to someone in need, but not the shoes off of my own feet. I hope that I can imprint that act of love in my mind forever, and when given the chance, I too could be so selfless. What a role model.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment