Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 153 - Today, not yesterday

Yesterday I had to get up on stage and talk in front of people. I shook like a leaf. I am embarrassed, especially since it was in front of people that I have to see almost every day at my son's school. It wasn't pretty and all I want to do is think about it and beat myself up over what I didn't say and how nervous I was, but today I am reminded that we need to focus on today, not yesterday. That what is in the past is behind us and that every obstacle we face brings us a step forward into who we are meant to be. Yes, I realize that public speaking is either not my thing, or needs to be worked on (a lot). But that's life and re-playing it in my head is not going to fix anything.

Live for today, have no regrets, be thankful for what God has provided for you, and be confident in yourself and your faith. Ask God to give you peace in your heart in all circumstances. And love yourself no matter what missteps occur. Life is hard, but worth all of the bumps.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment