Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 152 - An admission

God is calling me to figure some things out. My life is filled with so many to-dos and things are being left in the dust. I spend so much time feeling guilty about what I am not getting done. I have a full house, a full schedule, and my own needs related to health, sleep, and finances. I can hear God calling me to work things out, to make decisions, to simplify. And instead of ignoring them, which is what I have been doing, I want to open myself up to His guidance on what is right for me.

Lord, my life feels unbalanced and I have so much guilt and frustration over the things that are not getting done. I also feel like I am missing out on wonderful opportunities. Lord, please guide me and give me peace in my decision-making. Please help me restructure my time, my commitments, and my heart.

 

1 comment:

  1. That's so beautiful Amanda! It all just totally resonates with me and calls me to action....or non-action. Haha. I'm learning that simplicity is the key to connection with others. Our pastor challenged us recently, " Why do we stay so busy.... Could it be that we are afraid? If so, what is it that we're afraid of? Busyness ruins intimacy. Busyness ruins connection." Jeff Pries
    Maybe the key to a rich, full life is the opposite of filling it up! maybe it's in the quiet time of connection with Him and with others that we find our fulfillment. :) Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete