Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 131 - He picked me

I had one of those days last week where I spent most of the day raising my voice at the kids. It was a naughty day to say the least (in fact we have had many of those lately). I was tired, frustrated, and I felt beat down by the time they closed their eyes. At night I had to carry my daughter to her bed and an uncontrollable feeling came over me of how lucky I was to have her. Not just that she was healthy and alive, but that God chose me to be her mother. Out of everyone in the world He picked me to bring up these three beautiful kids, even on their naughty days. I just hugged her tighter and felt the realness of life come over me at that moment. And all of my other superficial worries melted away. I am so very lucky.

Raising my three kids right now is no easy task. It's messy, loud, stressful, and exhausting. But I have to say, knowing that God chose me as their mother kind of changes everything. And knowing that it is in His hands how our family will look in the future is pretty awesome. Only He can determine if there is another little one made to be our child. Only He can provide for that. Either way, I will always hug my children a little tighter, knowing that He entrusted them to me. That we were made for each other.

Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
-Psalm 150:2


 

No comments:

Post a Comment